Sunday, January 27, 2008

TRAINSPOTTING! These Are The (Bizarrely Dressed) People In Your Neighborhood

I stepped onto the train yesterday, and every other person was miraculously and bizarrely dressed like an extra in a student art film.


I don't get it. This girl was absolutely adorable -- she looked like a more pixie-esque Natalie Portman. So WTF is up with this assault of color blocks, geometrical patterns and NEON tights!??! If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say she was on her way to American Apparel. For more tights, of course.


Speaking of hazardous...
Look, it's really fucking cold out. I get that. You can't hate on wanting to stay warm. And I too have a super-warm comfy jacket, and when the temperature drops below a certain level, I could almost care less that I look like a walking sleeping bag. BUT, mine is NOT in a color you could see from space, and this thing was more like an king-sized comforter, and it was in that shiny, wet-look breed of polyester. She looked like a giant orange shiny parking cone. For SHAME!



This isn't a morts. It's just a LOL. AND IT'S TRUE! It's in the dressing room at the Park Slope Beacon's Closet, where I got an awesome sweater that I'm too lazy to photograph.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

The woman in the gigantic puffer coat looks so out of place!

Anonymous said...

that colour block dress was horrific!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...