Monday, November 08, 2010

Welcome To New York City, Dr. Martens!

New York City just got a little '90s-er, because Dr. Martens, which just turned 50 years young (really, he looks AMAZING for 50) FINALLY opened a Doc shop in Soho. It's not only the first in New York, but it's the first on the East Coast. Can you even? I was invited to check out the store the other week, and let me tell you, 1992 me was FREAKING OUT. And so was 2010 me.

The brand-new Dr. Martens shop is cozy and inviting and smartly adorned in the signature black and yellow of the very first pair of Docs I ever owned 18 years ago (shudder) and wore to a Violent Femmes show PRAYING they'd get all scuffed up and even-cooler looking.

Check out some of my favorite Dr. Martens from the Spring/ Summer 2011 collection and some photos I snapped of my favorite Docs. The animal print Docs are musts, and the patent leather teal floral embossed Darcies need to find their way into my closet IMMEDIATELY.


Dr. Martens New York

148 Spring Street



Love Dr. Martens, especially those floral gray and white ones!

Mary-Kate Hopkinson said...

Oooh, I am loving those wedges! Do they come in other colors, I wonder?

Vivian said...

niiice!! that floral pair is..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...