Thursday, October 05, 2006

Stoop Sale, the Second

Stoop sales seem to be all the rage on Fashion Binge, so I'm throwing my hat into the ring. Well, it's not actually my hat, it's more my girlfriend and her sister's hat(s). This Saturday, weather permitting, there will be a blow-out street festival on 1st Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue (Manhattan Island, ya'll). All the crazies come out, and residents pawn off their wares. I already unloaded all my good stuff last year, but the aforementioned lady friend and sister will be offering many gently used clothing items at low, low prices.
Other gems from last year's sale included a pair of collector's WWE reproduction belts, sold by a man with a large beer belly (or 12 months pregnant--I was embarrassed to ask) to the owner of a nearby hookah bar.

It went a little something like this

I had a little chat with the proud new owner, who informed me that his dream is to open a martial arts studio and hang the belts on the wall. Remember, every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings.

Stop on by and say ciao, and in the meantime, check out Vincent Vent...you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...