Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Booty-full Purchases

Having some time to kill before a happy hour yesterday, I did some wandering (i.e. shopping) on the Lower East Side. I scored twice, first at Dolce Vita, where I picked up these nice wedges for a cool $30:



Dolce Vita Firenze wedges, $69 online but, as I said, $30 in store, and $25 (two for $50) if you can find another pair of worthy sale shoes in the back of the store in your size (I couldn't). I dig 'em, though the soles feel thin enough that I'll have a shoe guy put another one on. They also have a half-off or two for $80 special on shoes in the front of the store and a couple racks of sale clothes, so get thee there.

With time running out, I quickly ducked into one of my favorite little shops, Miks. This Stanton Street store is pretty unassuming and has a lot of neutral stuff that is less eye-catching than much of the merch in surrounding stores. But I find their fashiony take on preppy style to be refreshing, fun, and best of all: affordable! I scored the following two skirts, which are not really well represented in these pics, which I made my boyfriend take on the roof of our building this morning as I celebrated not having to go into work today. Let's hear it for subway-delaying floods!



This pinstriped, nautical mini was the first skirt that caught my eye. It's a little bit weird....



...it has butt pleats. Despite what this picture shows, I have a decent amount of butt. I don't really need extra butt. But I think it might actually work. It was on sale for $43, so I purchased it.

Not content with a mere hint of extra badonkadonk, I tried on this crazy skirt that Carl said looked like I was wearing a balloon:



I was convinced in the store (and by the cheerful salesgirl, of course), that it was cute and didn't make me look like a whale, but I'm not totally sure about that. But I liked it nonetheless, enough to drop $59 on it.

What do y'alls think? Be kind....

4 comments:

Robin said...

I Love the front. Hard to tell what the back looks like, but I'm sure it is lovely (besides, sales people never lie!)

Anonymous said...

no offense, but to be completely honest i find them both unflattering (esp. the first one. the second one might work?)

Amy Pearl said...

the first one is great. the second one doesn't look bad on you, it's just not that flattering of a skirt. but hey, that's just my opinion!

Anonymous said...

you look great, really like both of them on you. good you went for it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...