Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sample Sale SCORE: Notte By Marchesa Gown!

DOOOODS! I was g-chatting with Lani of Sugar Rock Catwalk (g-chatting makes us sound like we did something DIRTY... or like we're gs...), and I was SO MAD at her because she posted this HUGE round-up of New York City sample sales --- gr gr GRRRR!... And I showed her the result of the Marchesa sample sale I went to back in February. It's the reason I REALLY shouldn't go to sample sales... Because...
I got THIS amazing Notte By Marchesa leopard-print dress (last one in my size -- and it fit, but barely) for $250... Now that is a LOT of fucking cash, don't get me wrong/ believe you me, whatevs, BUT, um... it was originally $1265, so I mean, technically I saved $1015... Right? Right? I also will probably wear it to my rehearsal dinner. Which might be at a pizza place. So?

9 comments:

Lani Love said...

<3 tamar! that dress... takes my breath away. can't wait to see pictures of you in it. eating pizza. haha.

Jules said...

Oh my, can't help but to imagine how beautiful you are wearing this gorgeous dress. Faster, get it now1 lol =D Looking forward on your next post.=D

A Writers Den
The Brown Mestizo

kiran said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
and plus pizza loveeeeeeeeeeee moreeeeeeeeee
seriously, we need to be friends IRL or something, between your wanting to eat pizza in an evening gown and your peacock obsession, you're totally my kind of chica!!

Mary-Kate Hopkinson said...

i like that you kept it a secret for four months and then spilled the beans. love it! totally gorge.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Worth it.

Nealoren said...

hi,myself nealoren ,I like this dress.I have one doubt about quality of your gown .I want on egown similar to that but one of my friend tell me that their is one shop onlygowns.com
that give better quality in cheap rate..IS IT TRUE?ARE you from ONLYGOWNS please inform me.ok

Amanda Diamondstein-Cieplinska said...

I absolutely adore Marchesa and that gown is just gorgeous! Which pizza place are you thinking for your rehearsal - La Villa, Two Boots, Rays? ;)

That gown would totally fit in if you have your rehearsal at the Clover Club in Park Slope! Old school glamour with a modern vibe.

By the way, have you checked out Ladybird bakery for wedding cakes,etc? I just wrote about it on my wedding blog. Check it out:

http://stellinaevents.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Totally worth it! Totally!!! And it's for your rehearsal dinner! You will look and feel like a million bucks, err well, like $1265 bucks :)

haj said...

I have a question:
I've never been to a sample sale/know anyone who has, so I picture a madhouse scene like from "Confessions of a shopaholic" or if you haven't seen that, women running and grabbing everything they see and fighting over stuff.
Is it really like that? Do you even get to try stuff on or do you grab it and hope it's true to size/is appropriate for your body? Please email :D
hajung613@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...