Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Joyrich x LeSportsac + WELCOME FashionBinge's New GUY Blogger, RORY!

Rory Rockmore. Credit: Nicky Digital
Meet the gorgeous, hilarious and talented Rory Rockmore. He's a graphic designer and cares more about style than most people care about their third-born child. We share a love of the lowest lows of pop culture, neon, animal print and fly, oversized accessories. He just went to the Joyrich x LeSportsac launch here in New York. You'll love him. Guarantees it. -- Tamar
Soooo... last night after a little location mishap and a cab ride with a stranger, I hit up the Lovecat Magazine (Tamar was sad to discover that it's not a magazine about cats, it's about models) launch party, presented by Joyrich & LeSportsac at The Darby NYC, and it was MAY-JORRRR.

Party was dope. Bags are... doper.

I've noticed a recent increase in collaborations lately, and I can't say I'm mad about it, especially with two brands like this (seriously, ever since Tamar showed up to work in her oversized Joyrich grey sweatshirt with the Warhol-esque perfume bottle, Joyrich has become a major foundation in our relations) nd I talk about Joyrich NONstop.  Collabos are great because it's like getting a two-for-one, a "fashion happy hour" if you will. And I WILL.

Joyrich's most recent collaboration with Lesportsac (or as my friend Kelly likes to pronounce it, "Lee-sports-sack") comes just in time for summer, and let me tell you, this collection is ferrrrse. It's inspired and inspiring. These bags are perfect to take to the beach, on a plane, or to accessorize a wild night out. Although the collection is geared more toward women, any dude with an edge could rock the Large Weekender or the Backpack... Who am I kidding? If you're a dude and you want to rock the Heart Pouch WHO AM I to tell you no?

The best part of this little Joyrich x Lesportsac love fest is that it's not over. I'm excited to see what next season brings, but in the meantime my top picks from this season are...

As you prolly know, LeSportsacs come in mix-and-match styles, sizes, patterns and prints. Sooo, for the collection, for myself (obviously!), I'm into the large weekender in the chain sateen, a little bougey carry-on for my trip to LA, and the backpack in the shiny number print, which would be just perfect to tote my kickball clothes to work. (Yes, I play kickball.) For all my ladies: the cosmetic case in pink leopard adds a little flave to your travels, the Erika tote is perfect for to carry your towel and magazines to lay out in the park, and I think every girl should have the Trislet -- it's a little bit of everything, and that's EVERYTHING.



Me (Rory), with David Melgar, Creative Director at Joyrich LA

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...