Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Doctor is IN?

Whoa. Have Doc Martens gone fashion? The shoes most often seen on 80s punks (and the 00s punks who love them) and pimply junior-high kids everywhere now seem to be boasting a certain upmarket appeal, having expanded beyond their standard clodhopper boot. Don't believe me? Check it out:



Dana knee-high boot, $140.



Chloe slouchy boot, $130. Mmmmm, me likey.



Slate knee-high boot, $140.



Re-Boot tall boot, $153.95.




And my own personal pick: the Stephanie boot, featuring "butt seaming." Sexy!

Some of these boots are not quite there yet, but I think they're headed in the right direction, much like Dr. Scholl's, another formerly niche company that is now courting the fashion-forward. Not to worry, however: Doc Martens still produce some fantastically ugly shoes. To wit:



Springtime boot, $118.95.



Red velvet boot, $153.95.

And on and on, as you can imagine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Chloe boot is pretty hot. These would be great for every day wear, something Doc Marten's had cornered a market on before overdoing it on the tire tread soles.

Those pink ones, however, make me think of Pepto Bismol.

daddylikeyblog said...

I saw some cute Doc Martens on another blog but convinced myself it was a dream. Now I believe it. I'm so in shock.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...