Monday, May 21, 2007

Awful Versus Awesome

Okay. Today we're going to take a look at what is awful and what is awesome.

First...

AWFUL

($134, Ben Sherman, Solestruck.com)
Oy vey, Ben Sherman. A world of no. Awful indeed.


AWESOME

($109, Cindy Says, Nordstrom)
I love these Cindy Says flats in all of the colors they come in.


AWFUL

($69, Seychelles, Nordstrom)
Unless you are teaching a jazz dance class, these are totally vomitacious.


AWESOME

($108, Michael Kors, Nordstrom)
These Michael Kors "Gogo" ballet flats are lovely. At first I thought they were a bit too granny, but with a navy dress, they'd be parfait. Awesome indeed!


AWFUL

($93, Bari Jay, Nordstrom)
Suck City, USA


AWESOME

($49, Wishes Wishes Wishes, Macy's)
This is completely adorable and NOT awful.


AWFUL

($88, Kenneth Cole, Nordstrom)
Beyond awful.


AWESOME

($88, BCBG Girls, Nordstrom)
Awes.


AWFUL

($19, Aldo)
Absolutely NOT awesome.


AWESOME

($94, Dolce Vita, Nordstrom)
Terrifically awesome. And check 'em out in multicolors.


AWFUL

($69, Baby Phat, Macy's)
The stuff of nightmares.


AWESOME

($59, Baby Phat, Macy's)
Baby Phat, normally a brand I'd never be seen in public in due to its extreme ho factor, actually sorta redeems itself (especially after that skirt disaster) with this fun sundress.


AWFUL

($120, 7 For All Mankind, Amazon)
These make me want to cry.


AWESOME

($164, Diane von Furstenberg, Nordstrom)
Given the usual price of Diane von Furstenberg dresses, this Keane dress actually seems pretty reasonable. It's just as gorgeous in "Spring Shadows" too.


AWESOME

($65, Weston Wear, Nordstrom)
This LOOKS awesome, but it could prove AWFUL in real life. I'd just have to see.


AWFUL

(Apprx $26, eBay)
Undebatabley awful.


AWESOME


($79, Boutique Nordstrom)
I wuv.


AWFUL


(Apprx $20, eBay)
So awful they're almost awesome, if you're the kind of person who falls asleep praying that Pamela Anderson will hold a garage sale.


AWESOME


($88, Nina, Nordstrom)
Where were these two summers ago when I was searching fruitlessly for a pair of bronze heels to wear to a wedding?


AWFUL

($58, Lux, Urban Outfitters)
This top is listed as "Lux Chiffon Elastic Bottom Blosue." Can you spot the two things wrong with this description BESIDES the fact that the word "blouse" has been bastardized beyond almost all recognition? Um, "elastic" and "bottom"???? Sweet Christ. This top brings back horrible memories for me, specifically when I was in 7th grade in Florida and my favorite outfit consisted of a black chiffon button-down short sleeve top with white polka dots, which I wore with a tank top underneath (duh) and fucking NEON PINK UMBROS. Sigh. There are photos somewhere, if they haven't self destructed.


AWESOME

($19, Lux, Urban Outfitters)
That's more like it.


AWESOME

($89, INC, Macy's)
White clothing and I are always certain to encounter the nearest cup of coffee, spray of balsamic vinegar or splash of red wine, so while I couldn't wear this without chronicling everything I ate that day, I love this little jacket. I had to end on two awesomes, because seriously y'all, my head's still reeling from that fucking chiffon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is hilarious! the 'awful' is def exactly what everyone else is thinking


www.luxeliving.wordpress.com

Sophie said...

Those bronze shoes were my wedding shoes! They're surprisingly comfortable - though the lack of pain may also have been due to the 15 glasses of champagne...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...