Friday, November 23, 2007

My Fair Isle Sweater... Et Al...

I don't usually go gaga over Fair Isle sweaters -- there's something a bit too WASPy about 'em for me, but I do LOVE this one:
($325, Chimala, Stuart & Wright/ Refinery29.com)
I like the oatmeal color. Cute cut too, and not too overly "trying-extra-hard-to-look-like-I'm-from-Maine-ish." By the way, I've never been to Stuart & Wright and keep meaning to go but rarely find myself in Ft. Greene. Anyone been? Any good sale stuff ever?



($88, Kersh, Nordstrom)
Nothing earth-shattering here, but cute nonetheless. I like the longer versions -- more femme than the standard waist-length ones.



($39, Victoria's Secret)
Oh my God. Oh my God. I can't believe I just posted something from Victoria's Secret. I'm fairly sure this computer will blow up as soon as I hit "publish," and/or a giant meteor will crush me to death as I sit here in my home... but this is actually fairly ok-cute.



($34, Old Navy)
Looks like that Fair Isle sweater Old Navy was pushing earlier this season is done, but this pullover is a nice, not-bad comfy staple.



($10, Old Navy)
Comfy pajama pants (or "apartment pants," as my boyfriend's sister humorously calls them) -- ten bucks! Cain't beat dat!


($24, JC Penney)
I couldn't tell you the last time I stepped foot inside of a JCP (closest one's in Jersey), so I'm not too familiar with their jonx, but my sweater search pulled up this cardigan -- it's not Fair Isle, but it's nice and wintery, and it's not bad.



($68, Urban Outfitters)
I couldn't tell you the last time I stepped foot within a one-mile radius of a campfire, but Urban Outfitters' All-Son Campfire sweater perfect! By the way, Urban has free shipping over $50 until Monday, so this totes applies! Git it, shortie!


($98, SandrikasFiberArts.etsy.com)
This scarf, hand made by Etsy seller SandrikasFiberArts, is so adorable and romantic. I'd so wear it camping if I knew how to do that.


Finally, enjoy this super-alluring photo of me in my eBay-scored horse head cowichan. Neigh indeed! And if you're thinking of knitting your own Fair Isle sweater, check out this how-to video. And if you're thinking of knitting your dude a sweater, consult this book first.

4 comments:

Patent Shoes && Rants said...

I love your sweater! Tres comfy chic!

I hope your computer didn't blow up =)

xoxoxoxo

LalaLiu said...

that horse sweater is awesome. I'm suddenly feeling very cold and want to get a sweater :P

WendyB said...

Aw, I love your horse sweater!

Anonymous said...

Of course I'd have to find out about the discount code a day late.

Love your sweater. And that V.S. one is surprisingly cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...