Friday, February 29, 2008

Leggings Have Basically Officially Jumped the Shark

Can you count the number of things wrong with this promotional photo?

No, because you need a computer to count to infinity gazillion.

I really sort of almost wish not that Whitney Houston was still a crackhead (because I luuuuurves me some Whitney, and I'm really glad she's almost back to fully being Every Woman), but maybe just that the popularity of her reality show and this post could've been a bit more synchronicitous so it'd be funnier when I react to *Intuition's denim and tie-dye leggings with a resounding

OHHH HELLLLLLLLLLS TO THE NO!


And while we're here, we may as well get a closer look at the travesty:
($35, ShopIntuition.com)
Soooo Peg Bundy, and not in the funny ironic way. And I love the description: These deluxe faux-denim leggings are so street chic." Okay, first of all, "deluxe" and "faux-denim" = oxy moron, for there is NOTHING deluxe about faux-denim leggings or faux-denim ANYTHING for that matter. And these are "street chic" if -- and only if -- you're working the street.


Hopefully Jerry Garcia's grave is spacious enough to accommodate him as the poor guy rolls over a few times in rapid succession.


* Special thanks to Chicago JP for alerting me to this most heinous fashion morts.

10 comments:

Jules said...

WORD!!!!

Anonymous said...

sometimes when i think about seemingly fashion conscious ladies like Mary-Kate or L.Lo - it saddens me to think that they wear these and therefore teach the youth of america that it's okay to wear spankies as pants.
(tear)

JennyPf said...

Yr welcome, Tamron. I could only hope one day being on the Shop Intuition mailing list would pay off -- and it did!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Peg Bundy is IT! Perfect way to describe fug leggings. Gross!

N/OutofFashion said...

Lord.

I used to have a pair of jean-leggings.

In my defence, i was 2 years old and did not realise my crime.

http://www.shopspeck.com said...

Oh thank you for this post. I thought it was only me that thought everything about that promo was hideous. The print leggings are the things I used to dress my daughter in - when she was 2 - and it was 1989.

Anonymous said...

Those denim leggings should not exist by the very nature of good taste! BARF!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god as if the ones who wear leggings as pants need more encouragement, now they can do it in these fug ones!

AfroDandy said...

I read this post over and over again so I can laugh at the line "No, because you need a computer to count to infinity gazillion."

Unknown said...

what you said about jerry was not that cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...