Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pony Necklace: A Tribute to Thumbelina, World's Small Horse

Real quick last post of the day...

I saw Thumbelina this weekend -- the world's wee-est horse! She's only 60 pounds and apparently likes to sleep -- probably because she had kids (um, and grown-ups... guilty) gaping, hemming and hawing at her all day on Saturday, when I saw her at the Natural History Museum's opening day celebration of their new exhibit, The Horse."

Apparently she travels around in the "Thumby-mobile," visiting sick kids and melting hearts in her wake with her freakishly adorable teensy stature. She's only about a foot high! Eeee!

Sadly, I didn't get to see her for long, because I was surrounded by pushy children and even pushier prototypical New Yorky parents, and I felt bad for her (the horse, that is), so I snapped the above pic and scurried away, but her sweet, sleeping mini-horseness will live on in my heart forever.

To commemorate her, check out this horse necklace:
($34, Frozen Peas,
Sweet, and cute, like Thumby herself. Won't somebody think of the kids -- i.e. me -- and get me this? Please? I barely even got to see Thumbelina!!!

... More cute stuff:
($40, Pony Attack,
By the awesomely-named San Diego duo Pony Attack.

($24, Caitlin Keegan,
The rare piece of non-wearable art -- "Horse Lady," by Caitlin Keegan. I like to think of it as "Me + Thumby = TLAAF!"

And, sorry to OT for a second, but I also love this one:
($24, Caitlin Keegan,
Peacocks! My second-fave! (Don't worry, Thumby! You'll always be first!)


Grace said...

Inspiration is everywhere isn't it? I love the necklace you posted.

This was a fun blog entry! I enjoyed reading it a lot.

Pamcasso said...

Okay, I'm going to sound strange but I have to ask you, how was the exhibit? I just heard about it a week ago and I want to know if it's worth planning a trip to NYC around?(the trip itself would be worth it to me of course)I like the Itchome dresses you posted below too!

Tamron Lohan said...

The exhibit alone is definitely not worth a trip to NYC. It's a very basic overview and more geared toward kids.

Fabulista said...

I love that Thumby! She's so cute.

Shelly said...

like the tee!

WendyB said...

I want a tiny horse of my own.

Pony Attack!! said...

Thank you so much for the mention. I read your blog all the time so how happy am I to have seen you mentioned us!

Pony Attack!!

products said...

China Wholesale has been described as the world’s factory. This phenomenom is typified by the rise ofbusiness. Incredible range of products available with China Wholesalers “Low Price and High Quality” not only reaches directly to their target clients worldwide but also ensures that wholesale from china from China means margins you cannot find elsewhere and buy products wholesaleChina Wholesale will skyroket your profits.

products said...

Women’s nike tn Shox Rivalry est le modèle féminin le plus tendance de baskets pour le sport. tn chaussuresConcernant la semelle :Cheap Brand Jeans Shop - True Religion Jeans nike shoes & Puma Shoes Online- tn nike, le caoutchouc extérieur, l’EVA intermédiaire et le textile intérieur s’associent pour attribuer à la.ed hardy shirts pretty fitCharlestoncheap columbia jackets. turned a pair of double plays to do the trick.Lacoste Polo Shirts, , Burberry Polo Shirts.wholesale Lacoste polo shirts and cheap polo shirtswith great price.Thank you so much!!cheap polo shirts men'ssweate,gillette mach3 razor bladesfor men.As for

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...