Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Damn You, 'The Hills' Girls!

Like you, I am probably way too old to watch The Hills, and I'm certainly too old to relate to them. But I accept the fact that fashionwise, it's Sex and the City Lite. Unlike SATC, however, I would actually wear some of the casual-cute stuff the girls wear, and I can actually afford some of the stuff too. To be clear, I condone these pieces regardless of the fact/ despite that, not because, they've been worn by The Hills girls.

A few examples:
Damn you, Lauren Conrad! Here you are at the MTV Upfronts in a PEACOCK dress, WHEN YOU KNOW peacocks are my thing solely and exclusively!

($385, Elizabeth and James, Shopbop)
And it actually looks cuter on Lauren than this chick.




The red carpet dress Whitney Port wore to the season finale of The Hills is apparently one of her own "Eve & A" designs. There's something super glam and '80s, in like a Robert Palmer girl/ Dynasty-but-refined sort of way.

Speaking of Whitney's clothing line, here's a snap from the upcoming collection:
The 20-piece "Eve & A" collection launches this fall. And by the way, in case you were wondering, Whitney's dad is Jeff Port, who owns the apparel company Swarm, which manufactures a young men's line called Shades of Gray, so it looks like she already has some exposure to the biz.


Granted, Audrina's matriarchs never passed down to her the "no-white-bra-with-darks" rule of womanhood, nor the "thou shalt not matchy-match" rule, but I love the shoes:
($175, Kenneth Cole)
Appropriately enough, they're called "Hill Top."


($89, Kenneth Cole)
Another cute Audrina pick... again, one I like regardless of the fact that a Hills chick has toted it around to Le Deux. Actually, this is probably WAY not fance enough for Le Deux, but it is perfect for Urth Cafe, no?


($79, Torn by Ronny Kobo, Intermix)
Lauren likes this one, and it's cute, but not as cute as its striped sister:

($85, Torn by Ronny Kobo, Intermix)
Hee! Check out the snake around the anchor! And check out the designer: she's like just a few injections away from being the next Lisa Rinna.

4 comments:

The Jet Set Girls said...

I tried on the Elizabeth & James peacock dress. It's cute, but DEF not worth the $300+ price tag in my opinion. It's very sheer and flimsy.

Pamcasso said...

that peacock dress is too cute! I secretly despise but watch the Hills... and get bummed out when they wear stuff from say Philip Lim, who I love. SATC-lite is a good description!

L said...

what biznatches. i want that dress/dress/shoe asap. damn you LC - damn you and your ways!

Angie hearts said...

I think I heart the yellow wallet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...