Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Glad for Plaid!

Note I did NOT say MAD! Eventhough it's hotter than two bullfrogs here, I've been all about the most-unsummery plaid for some reason. Mucha what I've been admiring is dresses, several of which are by Marc Jacobs. So, I've been reduced to fantasy shopping, but if I were actual shopping, here's what I'd get:

($198, Marc By Marc Jacobs, Shopbop)
Lovely and colorful, but...


($24, Forever 21)
Also lovely and colorful cute and nearly $200 less!


($290, Tibi, ActiveEndeavors.com)
Adorable...


($22.80, Forever 21)
Even more affordable!


($129, Nine West, Nordstrom)
Soooo purdy!


($89, Liz Claiborne, Amazon)
Also fairly cute.


($485, 3.1 Philip Lim, Net-a-Porter.com)
Not as "dowdy-looking" in the other photos.


($24.80, Forever 21)
Substantial savings, y'awl!


($189, Marc By Marc Jacobs, Neiman Marcus)
Sorry, no viable alternative, but the price is amazing.



($48, Body Glove, Zappos.com)
Yes, I actually AM suggesting you buy something by Body Glove.


($64, E.C. Star, Pinupgirlclothing.com)
Scary-looking lady, but the top is fun.


($26.99, Paul Frank, Fredflare.com)
Very presh... for people who can wear short shorts.


($34.50, Delias.com)
Satisfyingly cute but not cloying.


($25, Stephana Designs, Stephanadesigns.etsy.com)
Handmade funs!


($196, Tory Burch, ActiveEndeavors.com)
Now, it's clearly not plaid, but I want to point out that I did purchase a very similar top from f21...


($15.80, Forever 21)
Yo la tengo in red and black. Very cute, comfy and wear-to-work-able.


($220, Volcom, Karmaloop.com)
Super cool, but much moreso for dudes.


($122, Hickey Freeman)
Also cool for hims.


N'sure how much it is, but it's super cute, and it's from World Market.


($25, Paul Frank, Karmaloop.com)
K, it's not plaid, but it sorta feels like it could be related to plaid, doesn't it?


($30, Forever 21)
Again, not plaid but it IS patterned. I threw this in because I was totally surprised to see something so elegante at f21. If I woulda said this was by Cynthia Steffe, you could even believed me! Case in point:
... But... lyin's for suckahs.


($174, Vena Cava, LeTrainbleu.com)


($104, Talla, Beklina.com)
I truly adore this amazing top.


Because I'm feeling charitable, check out this amazing clip of Clay Aiken's soul-crushing horbsness. Why the fuck is he waxing nostalgic about "kids today" like he's some 85-year-old dude who once played the Catskills? Anyway, if you wanna skip over that, head straight for 3:00, where he does his rendition of "Baby Got Back" followed by "Like A Virgin." Seriously. Someone get this kid a tutu.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...