Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Footwear, Au Naturale

I present you... lots of heels and boots, with nods to nature in the form of wood, straw and earth tones! Hippie chic meets urban sophisticate... errr something...

($114, Asos)
Love the woo heel, though I'm not totally convinced that the peep toe element is okay. Oh well. Sacrifices, I suppose! And they're gorgeous in green too:



($360, Pedro Garcia, Net-a-porter.com)
I'm also not totally sold on these, but I kind of like the rustic, ruggedness of the unfinished edge.


($320, L.A.M.B., Shopbop.com)
Um, okay so I'm sorta cheating with these, but the woven effect is sorta nature-y, no? Rattan and wicker porch chairs and all that?


($70, Faryl Robin, Ravinstyle.com)
Normally these would be just a little too Chrissy Snow for me, but the little turquoise buckle is both totally modernizing and endearing.





($290, Derek Lam, Barneys)
I absolutely love these. They have a sorta sexy, smart speakeasy feel to them. Like you put 'em on and something naughty'll happen on ye olde Bowerie or something! Like two whiskey-drunk dudes in mustaches will have a fistfight over you that'll escalate into a knife fight!


($95, Steve Madden, Cutesyshoes.com)
Not sure who's getting knocked off here. Balenciaga? Miu Miu? Fendi? Chanel? No matter, because I can't afford any of them!


Ah, my leit motif: the wood cone heel. I'd break for these.


($536, Les Prairies de Paris, LaGarconne.com)
Ah, a gorgeous wood-heeled ankle boot by the elusive, expensive Les Prairies de Paris. And in grey, no less! Oui oui!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those wood cone heel boots are also Farylrobin, and are available at other retailers! www.farylrobin.com has a list of stores.

Laura S. Taylor said...

wooden heels with leather uppers are regularly on sale at VictoriaSececret.com, I love shopping for shoes there, great price, quality and style

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...